Saturday, February 3, 2007

Saturday, February 3, 2007: Need Sleep!

Hi everyone,

Just had to send another update out to let you know how well things are going. It was so wonderful to come home on Thursday night and see my kids. We had a great night together just talking and hugging. Unfortunately Nathan came down with an ear infection and Brian was up until 3:30 Friday morning rocking him because he was in so much pain. After a trip to the doctor and some antibiotics (bubble gum flavor!) Nathan is doing much better. I had a home health nurse come Friday and answered a lot of questions. I was pretty out of it because I had to take some pain medication which seems to make me quite loopy. Friday night all five of us were in bed by 9:00! We all had a great night’s sleep and the kids were off to play dates today with some friends that braved the snow to get them. I had a great morning, afternoon nap (thanks to the Vicodin) and a candle lit dinner with Brian! I was able to eat the ham that Srikwerda’s brought (thanks guys – Brian shoveled down the hash browns and green beans too!). I have more energy today than yesterday. The kids should be coming home soon and we’ll have some time together before another early bedtime tonight.

I guess that sums up the past couple days. Thank you for your specific prayers for my dreams . . . the very next night I was blessed with good dreams and have been since. God has had some strange prayer requests lately from me but has answered them all! I am feeling strong and am already planning my party for five years from January 23 which I will be considered cancer free! I am not foolish, I know the numbers and statistics. I also know the next months of treatment and chemo are going to be hard but I have been told to look forward to those visits because every drop of that medicine is going to get rid of any cancer left in me.


I have no doubts that God is going to heal me and use me and I am looking forward to what I need to learn. People have been sharing stories with me about how my situation is giving them opportunities to share their faith with others and helping them doing it boldly. Just think how many people we can bring to God through this together!!!!! I get chills.

Well, I think I hear my munchkins at the door so need to go now. Thanks for honoring our wish for family time because it has been wonderful.

Some specific prayer requests to leave with:

*the kids seem to be doing much better now that I am home, especially Nathan – what a praise!
*as always, continued focus for me on the day to day and not the big picture
*strength for Brian as he is taking on so much – he’s learning it’s not that easy being a mommy!
*prayers in advance for a meeting next Friday (the 9th). My doctor will be bringing my case before a tumor board where almost 40 professionals will discuss and review it and come up with a plan for my treatment which will then go to the cancer doctor for a final decision. Pray that they will make wise decisions. These doctors see numbers and statistics and medical information. What they don’t know is that I am a fighter and God is in my corner. Pray that God will shine at that meeting and that my case can make a difference in their lives.


Love & hugs,
Kristi