Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday, June 11, 2007: A Good Day!

Today was a good day! Starting soon after our friends Darrin and Aim left last night our mood started to lift. Must have been the s’mores we ate…or the great company!! Well, I’m sure it was those things too, but more importantly we believe it was the prayers working because we were still feeling good today (even after a bad night’s sleep!)…we both feel very upbeat. We felt really good after leaving Dr. Downey’s office this morning. He was the most personable that he has ever been. Obviously prayers were answered today. Also, my Grandma DeMaat’s birthday was today (she passed away a couple years ago). She had cancer many years ago and kicked its butt. She was and is still an inspiration to me and she brought us good luck today.

We didn’t get the CA125 number today…we should get it tomorrow. We feel pretty good about it…just a feeling, but we both feel it will be under 100. In fact, we have a little bet going…I predict 74, Kristi predicts 88. The winner gets a 10 minute back rub!! My friend and mom have also put a bet in for the CA125 count but I don’t think they were aware of the wager! :)

Also, we found out this morning that the pains in her stomach are a side effect of the chemo. We suspected that, but you never know. Dr. Downey said it isn’t uncommon to have some pain with the I/P chemo. The kids did great today too. It was just a great day overall. Thank you mom, Kylie and Amy for watching the kids today. They had a wonderful time!

We were also very excited to find out this morning that we have a new ‘cyber friend’. She found our blog after doing an internet search for an ovarian cyst and has admitted that she is “drawn” to our story and reads the blog every night. That is so awesome. Hopefully we can spread some encouragement to our new friend. Please send me an e-mail so I can answer your question about why they didn’t catch it sooner. My e-mail address is bkrogalske@sbcglobal.net. I promise not to “preach” to you but would love to try to answer any questions you may have. We believe this cancer can serve a purpose of helping people understand and get to know God better. I do know that He has heard your prayers – doesn’t matter if you are a regular visitor with Him or an occasional visitor. He hears them all!

Tomorrow we go in for dose number 2 of round 5. Hopefully this will be an uneventful day. Pray that all goes well tomorrow and that the side effects from today will be minimal. Also pray that her CA125 level will be normal (35); if not normal, then close to 74 so I win the bet!! :) Pray for the 35 . . . I don’t care if I lose the bet! If my number goes to 35 or lower, that means that I only have one more round of chemo after this one! If it doesn’t, I will have to have an additional round. We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. Thank you Thank you!!!