Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday, May 11, 2008: The Countown Begins

Okay, so I actually started counting down a long time ago for tomorrow's appointment. Probably even over a year ago. From day one I have been looking forward to the point where we could say "we did it, we crossed the finish line!". We are so close. Tomorrow's appointment is at 1:15. I haven't been stressing about it or dwelling on it but occasionally my mind wanders there and thinks "what if".

Realistically we need to be prepared for the possibility that it isn't gone yet. Or for the chance that it may return some day. We need to realize that this may happen.

Optimistically we believe that the cancer is gone and will never return.

So what do we do? We become optimistically realistic. We hope and pray for the best with the understanding that we need to be prepared for whatever may come our way. We have to accept and believe that God's plans are what is best for us.

So, we ask for prayers that we will have the strength and courage to handle whatever news we hear tomorrow.

Also my entire family is out of state right now. My parents and Eric & Lori are in Washington D.C. and my brother and his family are in Alabama. Please pray for safety for them and for peace of mind as they wait to hear from us after tomorrow's appointment.

Another prayer request is for Brian. He is extremely tired these days even though he is able to sleep at night. Please pray that he will be able to find out the cause of this fatigue soon.

I hope the moms out there had a wonderful mothers day. I enjoyed a long nap this peaceful rainy afternoon. There's not much better than a good nap. Okay, so maybe the words "your cancer is in remission" may beat out a nap!