Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, March 23, 2009: A Great Start With A Crummy Ending

Today started off great. I got up at 6:30 this morning (for those of you who know me well, this in itself is a miracle). I read my morning devotion, took a shower and was completely ready before I had to get the kids up. The kids and I had breakfast together and weren't rushed at all. It was wonderful!

I went to chemo today with my friends Heidi and Merry. We go back all the way to middle school! It was so fun catching up with them. It's not often that we get to visit and it's even more of a treat when we visit without our kids running around.

Chemo was uneventful and we were out of there shortly after noon. We stopped for lunch on the way home - what a treat! Shortly after I got home my stomach started doing flip flops. We'll just say I made quite a few trips to the bathroom. My face started tingling and itching. I laid down at 6:00 and then the headache started. I also have been twitching pretty bad. My arms and legs are having little spasms that I can't control. I had this in the hospital once before. Very frustrating - almost sleeping then jolted awake. Another fun side effect is that my tongue feels like someone sandpapered it. Nothing tastes good and it's sore. I'm also getting some stinging pain in my fingertips which was a side effect that I was expecting. Each round seems to bring different side effects.

I'm going to take a sleeping pill now and head to bed. Brian took care of getting the kids supper and all tucked into bed. He is such a sweetheart. I don't know what I would do without him. Thanks for reading my whiny post :)