Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday, August 16, 2009: Empty

Brian and the kids returned home safely today (they were camping with our small group). They had a great time but returned home to the news that Papi had run away. There has been no sign of him anywhere. I can't explain the emptiness I feel as I hold them while they sob. They have so many questions and so many tears.

We are so thankful for our friends and family. We've had people out looking for Papi, making a "lost dog" poster and putting copies of it up around the neighborhood. I was so weak from the chemo yesterday I wasn't even able to go out looking for him. I don't know the last time I felt so helpless. I told the kids tonight that we need to remember that God loves Papi too and He will take good care of him no matter where he is and that we need to focus on that. Unfortunately that is easier said than done.

I know in the grand scheme of everything we are dealing with right now this may not seem like such a big deal but to us it is. Papi is a member of our family and I can't even imagine what it would be like if we can't find him.

We have left messages everywhere and will be heading to the Harbor Humane Society tomorrow when they open at noon. The kids are having a hard time falling asleep right now because Papi isn't here to make the rounds like he usually does. I offered to lick their faces but they said it wasn't the same :)

Thank you for your prayers.