Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday, February 4, 2011: Let Go and Let God

Proverbs 3:5-6 is still running through my mind.   Specifically verse six and even more specifically ~ the word "acknowledge".  It seems like it should be a simple word but I'm having a hard time trying to understand what God wants me to take away from this verse.  Here are a few definitions of the word acknowledge:  to admit the existence, reality, or truth of ~ to recognize as being valid ~ to express recognition of ~ to express thanks or gratitude for.  Hmmm, it is pretty simple - God, you are real, you are the truth, you are everything and there isn't a word that exists that could express my gratitude.  Why is it so easy for me to type this and blog about this but so hard to talk about in day to day conversations?

Here are a couple different translations of verse six:  In all your ways acknowledge Him (NASB) ~ In all your ways submit to Him (NIV) ~Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go (The Message) ~In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him (Amplified Bible). Always let him lead you, and he will clear the road for you to follow. (Contemporary English Version).  All different translations that all come back to the same thing . . . "let go and let God".

God I trust you with every ounce of my being.  I don't want to live this life you have given me by leaning on my own limited understanding.  I want to acknowledge you first in everything I do (but I am failing miserably - please help me).  I know that is the only way I can stay on the path that you have carved out for me.  Proverbs 3:5-6 . . . . translation "me"