Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday, March 11, 2012: Insight from a 14 year old

Just a quick note to let you know we're still alive!  Life remains to be very busy so updating the blog frequently is difficult to do.  But, we're all healthy and still kickin'! (as my grandma used to always say).

The kids are all doing well in school and staying very busy.  I'm doing much better emotionally these days.  The nice spring-like weather sure is nice!  Compared to the weather we've had this year, it's hard to believe I took these pictures in March of last year...

God’s Opportunities
We all have many different opportunities. Every ones opportunity is different. However, we do not all notice that all those opportunities come through God. God is the key to opportunity. God gave Daniel an opportunity when he was stuck in a Lion’s den with Lions. Daniel could have chose to panic, and yell at God. However, he didn’t do that, he tamed the lions, and made the lions obey him. (I give credit to my devotions for that example). Anyway, this cancer could have been an opportunity for us. 
That horrible, miserable, unreasonable cancer that got inside my mom was a huge opportunity for me to get closer to God. I am a new person now because of that. Some days I wonder where I would be if my mom wouldn’t have been taken by cancer. I definitely wish that my mom was still here, and that cancer wouldn’t have ever existed in our family. However this cancer was a HUGE opportunity for my faith walk with the Lord to become stronger. I can’t even put in words how much having my mom be gone tears me apart. But this could be an opportunity. An opportunity that could change the rest of our lives. All we have to do is accept it, and accepting this big of an opportunity without a mom to be here is about the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
                   - by Ashley Rogalske