Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 12:16 AM
We met with her doctor this morning and he said she should be able to go home tomorrow. She must pass one more milestone though…literally. She needs to pass a "solid" to make sure everything is working ok and so the nurses can show her how to change her colostomy bag. Still nothing as of yet. So your prayers were answered the other day when I asked you to pray that she passes gas…well, today we need to pray that she passes a "poo" and that it’s uneventful. This is not going to be a very pleasant thing to deal with but we’ll get used to it. We haven’t told the kids about it yet…maybe tomorrow.
Mostly an uneventful day, with the exception of the Oncologist visit. We met with him at 5:00 and he was a downer. He is the "cancer doctor" and went over the results in more detail and her treatment schedule. Apparently he doesn’t know Kristi like the rest of us because he didn’t paint a pretty picture. We had a brief down time after he left, but Kristi bounced back with her fighting attitude. After he visited us we had a constant flow of visitors so that was good to help keep her spirits up. So today I have the following prayer requests:
1) Pray that her bowels get working soon and she can come home Thursday
2) Please pray the Kristi’s body will be able to handle the chemotherapy…it will be very aggressive.
3) Pray that she will have the strength (physical and emotional) to fight this battle for the long haul
4) Please pray for the nurses and doctors that Kristi touched this past week at the hospital. She has been such an inspiration to so many of them…they have told me this. She even got a card from one of the nurses and the nurse wrote a very touching note and quoted Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.". She had 3 nurses stop by and say good bye tonight because they were leaving for the night and not working tomorrow…they just wanted to stop by and say good bye and good luck.
5) The cancer doctor gave us a bleak outlook; please pray that Kristi remains positive and that she remembers to find her strength in the greatest doctor of them all, our Lord Jesus Christ.
6) One more request…please pray for everyone helping us out…our support system. We wouldn’t be able to do this without your prayers and support.
Thank you all and hopefully Kristi will send out tomorrow’s update.