Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday, January 28, 2007: Removal of the Tubes!

Today they removed the tube from Kristi’s nose as well as her cathedor. The kids came to visit today which was such a huge lift for Kristi. This was the first time she's seen them since Thursday night. Here are some pictures:


Also, our small group came out and visited. That was very nice. We were very tired but it was nice to see everybody!!



I sent out the following e-mail tonight:

bkrogalske@sbcglobal.net
01/29/2007 12:52 AM

Hello again,
I will make today’s update short because I am tired. Kristi had a great day today. She got the tube in her nose out and her catheter out. That was a huge relief for her. We had a couple pain management episodes that were frustrating, but overall a great day. She got up and walked 4 times today also. Please pray for continued progress. The bright spot of the day was when our small group came by and visited. She really perked up for that. That was good because she got down a couple times today…I could see it in her eyes. Please pray that her spirits stay up. We had some nice quiet time this morning and were able to read some of the Psalms. Psalm 138:1…"I will praise you, O Lord, with all of my heart; before the "gods" I will sing your praise." We talked about how she will have "ups and downs" and that when she has a "down moment" that she is to sing praise. When we are down, this is when the wicked one will try to work his way in. "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good." Please pray that when Kristi starts feeling a little down, that she remembers God is great and that He is the Great Healer.

Thanks again for all you do…we love you all.
Brian

"Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy." Psalm 130: 1-2. Sigh