Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday, August 17, 2008: We're Still Here!

I can't believe it has been two weeks since we've updated! To be honest, I haven't even been thinking about cancer! Right now I'm completely focused on GEMS and back to school stuff. I apologize to those of you that have been wondering what has been going on.

Last week Monday I had my three month check-up. There was nothing new to report which is good! I have to have a ct scan in October which is just routine. Then I meet with my oncologist again in November. Pretty soon these appointments will just move further and further apart. I do still have monthly blood work for the CA125 level. I believe my next one isn't until the 27th. My doctor said that "you know there is a good chance that the cancer will return". My reply back was "I also know there is a that it won't come back". I refuse to believe it will come back. To me his comment was simply a reminder to me of the miracle God did by healing me and continues to do by keeping the cancer away. I'm a walking miracle.

We will probably not be updating near as much as we used to. This seems strange and a bit sad to me. This blog has been a lifeline to us for so long. We're not going anywhere though! We'll update when I have appointments and blood work and prayer requests. There are days when I feel like God is prompting me to share something through the blog and I will do that as well.

So until our next update . . . thanks as always to our mighty prayer warriors!