Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday, August 3, 2008: Finally, an update!

It seems like I always start my update with this phrase but really, where does the time go? I made it home from the conference safe and sound last week Monday night. I had intentions to update the blog much sooner than this. Sorry to those of you who were wondering if we just dropped off the face of the earth.

Attending the GEMS conference was probably one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I don't even know where to start. I was convicted in so many areas - as a wife, as a mom, as a GEMS club coordinator and as a child of God. Every class I went to and every speaker I heard seemed to have something that went straight to my heart. Initially the conviction was painful.

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11.

I was often moved to the point of tears from these convictions but immediately after felt a peace as if God was saying "it's okay, you messed up but that was in the past . . . let's move forward from here and this is what I want you to do".

I feel better equipped as a wife and mom and have gained a lot of confidence in myself. I have moved even closer to God through this experience.

On another note, I had my CA125 level tested last week (yes, I went in and forgot to update the blog . . . sorry!!!). I am at 47 now (I was at 44). This is still considered stable.

Thank you as always for your prayers! I don't have any specific requests right now - I would just ask that you pray where you feel God is leading you to pray. Thank you!!