Friday, March 12, 2010

Tuesday, March 16, 2010: When God Speaks

Wow, long time no update! We've been enjoying being "normal" for a couple weeks now. Next week I will have my CA125 checked and then my appointment with Dr. Downey is on March 31. Right now I am enjoying the fact that I still have two weeks free of any doctor appointments! My neck healed very quickly and now it just looks like sunburn.


I have been meaning to write about my "God story" that happened on my last day of radiation. I'd sit down at the computer to write and then life would take over and before I knew it another day went by. I've learned though that God's timing is always perfect.


Last year I had bought the devotional book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I loved it. Loved, loved, loved it! As I was reading the book a few months ago I sensed God was telling me that I needed to give this book away ~more specifically I needed to give it to my sister. I mentally argued because like I said ~ I really, really liked the book! It had brought me so much comfort and I couldn't imagine that God would want me to give that up. Well, He did and He continued to work at me until I finally listened and gave it to Lori. She has told me many times now how much the book has comforted her and Eric. There have been days that the devotional felt like it was written specifically for them.


I had thought about buying another copy for myself many times and even had the book in my hand at the store once only to hear God say "I didn't tell you to give that book away so you could just go and buy another copy". I've learned that when God talks you don't argue. So, I put the book back on the shelf.


I was thinking about this book a lot during my radiation treatments. When I was nearing the end I decided that I would buy another copy for myself as a "reward" for making it through. I didn't hear God saying no to this so I was very excited and had already made plans that I was going to go to Family Christian Bookstore right after my last treatment.


I didn't need to make that trip though. A friend of mine walked into the waiting room as I was waiting for my last "zap" and in her hands was a copy of Jesus Calling. She told me that she had wanted to get it for me earlier but as we all know - life has a tendency to make other plans. What she thought was something on her to-do list that didn't get done soon enough was actually all a part of God's plan. The timing of when she brought the book to me was absolutely perfect. It was one of those "wow" moments in life. I'm discovering just how much God is in every little detail of our life if we're not looking for Him then that moment will just slip by.


At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. 2 Corinthians 8:14