Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday, March 2, 2010: Almost Done!

Tomorrow is my last treatment - my very last one - yeeeeeaaaaa!!!! I was originally scheduled to be done today but I asked them last week if I could take Friday "off" and add an extra day to the end. I'm very glad that I did - I can't imagine how bad Saturday would have been if I didn't.

Sunday was better than Saturday - I no longer felt like someone was rubbing broken pieces of glass into my neck. Every day it has gotten a little bit better even with having a treatment yesterday and today.

Today as I walked into the clinic I had a big smile on my face. I was thinking how ironic it was that I was smiling while walking to a radiation clinic for the 26th time. What a change from my first visit. I was anxious, scared and quite overwhelmed then. Now I'm so excited to be done! I'm also exhausted so I'm signing off now and going to bed. Nighty-night.