Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday, September 24, 2008: When It Rains, It Pours

My title isn't regarding the weather.  Thankfully that has been beautiful!  Today has been overwhelming for our family.  I had my blood work done which was uneventful (yea) and sometime tomorrow we will have the results.  

Tonight was the first night of GEMS.  It was so busy and overwhelming and to be honest, I had mentally written my letter of registration by 6:30 tonight.  Some miscommunications and oversights on my part had me close to tears.  As the night went on, things improved.  We have an amazing group of women helping with GEMS this year.  We had 85 girls show up tonight!  

Brian received a phone call today that his dad was scheduled to have surgery tonight to have his gall bladder removed.  He was not feeling well last night and this morning they went to the hospital.  I'm not sure of all the details as it happened so fast, but he went in for surgery this evening and everything went well.   He will hopefully be able to come home tomorrow.

All these things put together, well, let's just say we're a bit overwhelmed.  We are doing well all things considered so it's obvious prayers are already going up and being answered.   Please keep Brian's parents in your prayers.  

I will update the blog tomorrow as soon as I have my blood work results.  Please don't assume that no news is bad news.  I often have trouble connecting with nurse for these results and it's a waiting game.   It frightens me to think what a simple phone call can do to our life.  However, our future is in God's hands and there is no better place to be.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! .  Ephesians 3:20-21.