Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday, February 20, 2009: Still Going

Man, I think this virus could outlast the energizer bunny! Ashley's fever returned this morning. I took her to the doctor and she has a sinus infection. They also tested her for the flu virus and thankfully she failed that test!

Nathan is coughing quite a bit tonight but he at least made it through a day of school.

Emily slept good last night and was fine when she woke up this morning but around ten I found her curled up on the floor - not a good sign. She has had a fever all day and at one point it was up to 103. She has been laying on the couch and has been miserable all day.

Brian felt sick when he came home tonight but he's doing better now. He had a really long day at work yesterday which wore him out. (Any day that starts before 5:00 AM would wear me out!).

I wish we could open up the windows and air this germ pit out but it looks like we will be blessed with yet another winter storm. Will this winter ever end??? As I was whining to myself earlier today the verse popped into my head . . . When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Ecclesiastes 7:14.

I have been coughed on, sneezed on and puked on more this week then I ever want to do again! I've also spent more time and money at Walgreens then I would like. But, thankfully this was my week off from chemo so I did have the energy to take care of my family.

Okay, time to stop whining and get to bed now. Thanks for listening and praying.