Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday, July 4, 2011: Taking Some Bigger Steps

Last week was a big week as far as the emotional recovery goes.  I went back to work for a few hours Thursday and Friday (was very nervous/anxious/apprehensive about going back) AND we went to church yesterday.  These things seem simple to everyone I'm sure, but in my shoes they are big steps.

Today we went to the beach for the afternoon with friends and had a great time...even showed the younger dads and even some college kids that a 42 year old can still play a mean game of sand football.  I think I was the oldest one playing...man, can that be for real?!  Anyway, I got good and fried but the kids for the most part didn't get too sunburned.  They use this stuff that supposedly blocks the sun, or something like that.  They wipe it all over their body and they don't get sunburned.  Crazy.  Not me though.  Nope.  No way.  My face should be done peeling by 2 weeks from next Tuesday and I'll be good to go again!

After the beach we came home and showered and were off for a grill out with some other friends.  After that we all went to some other friends and watched the fireworks off of lake Mac.  Busy day but lots of fun.

One thing is for sure...dad is tired!

Thank you all so much for the prayers over the past few weeks.  It's been, and will continue to be, a tough road. You guys are awesome!

.