Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday, October 31, 2008: Say Hi To Papi

We have a new addition to our family! His name is Papi. He is a 2 and a half year old Chiwawa-Daschund mix. At 9 pounds he is full grown. We adopted him from the animal rescue mission in Allegan County. This is a big deal in our house because if you know me, you know that I used to be “anti-dog”. I usually like other people’s dogs, but I never wanted a dog of my own. Been there, done that. Mainly because they poop in the yard, then lick their butts, then come in and think they’re being cute when they lick you in the face. To me that’s kind of gross. Some people like it, go figure. But there’s something special about this dog. He just looked at me with those big brown eyes, licked my hand, and bowed at my feet. He had me at “woof” (that’s dog talk for ‘hello’). I even let him lick me in the face – after licking my toes clean of course. It’s crazy. Come over some time and say hello to Papi!

Say ‘hi’ to Papi!