Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesday, October 1, 2008: Busy, busy

Some days I wonder if life will ever slow down. I know it will but the fall is such an exceptionally busy time. We are doing fairly well here, all things considered. There are times when I think about the fact that my cancer could return and Brian could lose his job before the year is done and I start to freak out. So far I have been able to stop the thoughts before they roller coaster and get out of control. We just take things a day at a time and sometimes an hour at a time.

I have been super busy with GEMS lately which is good because it keeps my mind occupied. We have 100 girls between 1st and 5t grade. That's a lot of girls! It will be a couple more busy weeks with GEMS and then things will slow down considerably and get into a routine.

Brian has been pretty quiet at home. I can't imagine how stressful it is to go to work all day long and see people leaving every day. He has no control over whether he will keep his job or not at work and then he comes home to have no control over my cancer. It just stinks.

I know God will provide for all our needs and most of the time I'm doing okay. Right now I'm physically and emotionally exhausted. I think Brian is too. This time of uncertainty will help us to grow in our faith and some day we'll look back and see that but when you are right in the middle of it, well, it's hard.

On another note, we used to have a list of peoples email addresses and whenever we updated the blog we would send an email out to let you know it was updated. A couple weeks ago we had computer "issues" and we lost all our distribution lists in email. Not a fun thing. So, if you were on that list or if you would like to be on that list, please send us an email to let us know. Please type your email address into the email so we can just copy and paste it when we put our new list together. Our email is bkrogalske@sbcglobal.net.

And yet another note, we will be walking on October 11 with our family in the Walk to Defeat ALS. We were not able to join our family last year because I was still going through chemo. This walk is a fundraiser to help raise money for the ALS association. I think most of you know that my brother-in-law, Eric, has ALS. There is a link on the right on our blog that will bring you to a link about this walk. If you would be interested in sponsoring us check this link out. You can even join us if you would like! We are walking with the Fox Trotters.

Thanks for taking the time to read yet another lengthy update from me. It helps me to process things by typing them out and I can always tell when people have read the update and start praying. There is nothing better than floating on a cloud of prayers.