Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday, February 24, 2007: Port Recovery


bkrogalske@sbcglobal.net
02/24/2007 08:37 AM


Hi everyone,

Yesterday was a little bit more than I anticipated. Things went well and the hospital and all the staff were wonderful. I wasn’t expecting as much pain as I am having though. They put the port in and also a catheter which goes up in my neck and then down to my chest. I am having a hard time getting used to the feeling. I went to bed as soon as I got home as I wasn’t feeling very well and was still a bit sedated. On top of this, Ashley came down with a fever and a headache on Thursday night. She is miserable and stuffed up and coughing now. Hopefully this will be the worst day and it will only get better from here. Nathan is feeling much better and only has the nagging cough now. Emily woke up during the night last night crying and we have a feeling she is next with the bug. We have not gotten much sleep over the past two nights with all these germs and are quite exhausted. We are extremely grateful to Brian’s parents who watched the kids all day yesterday and to my parents who are taking them today. I’m sure you’ve already figured out I’m not feeling very shiny today. I still believe in God’s plan for us and know He is taking good care of us. I just need your prayers to bring me back up again. On that note, here’s the specifics:

*Nathan will be able to kick his cough, Ashley will get better quickly and Emily will stay germ free. Also that Brian and I will not catch any of these germs.
*I begin chemo on Tuesday. After yesterdays pain and side effects, I am becoming a bit nervous about the chemo. Pray that I will tolerate the chemo and any side effects it sends my way.
*I can stay focused on the day to day.
*I will get used to the strange feeling in my neck and chest and that the pain will soon go away. Also that I will not get an infection from the surgery.
*Brian is exhausted from taking care of the sick kids. Pray that he will regain his strength and stay strong.


Thank you so much for all your prayers. Your cards and e-mails with encouragement have been wonderful. Many of you have been sharing stories and bible verses that fit with what I am going through and I can’t tell you how much they mean to me. They always lift my spirits. I wish I could call or e-mail all of you personally. Please know how much I appreciate everyone.

Love & hugs,
Kristi