Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday, February 14, 2007: Valentine's Day


bkrogalske@sbcglobal.net
02/14/2007 10:18 AM


Hi everyone,

I don’t have any information regarding my treatment yet – we meet with the oncologist tomorrow and I will send another update with that then. Right now, I wanted to send an e-mail to encourage all of you and also a couple specific requests.

First, I know some of you may have been online or researching ovarian cancer. The numbers are not good. However, I do not believe in these numbers, I believe in God. I am not in denial, I just am choosing to believe that God has a plan for me and that plan involves surviving this cancer and becoming His light for many, many years to come. Should this not be the plan, I will cross that bridge when it comes my way. For right now I am praying boldly that this is God’s plan for me and I would like you to do the same. Do not dwell on numbers because it becomes overwhelming! Dwell only on God!!! Together with all of us (and we are a mighty team!) praying boldly we will all win this battle and it is going to change all of us. I have seen amazing changes in many people close to me and have heard of many others. God is working through me and through all of you and together we are going to turn many more sheep into God’s pasture! Isn’t that amazing! What an honor! I know together we can do it. Please hold everyone up in prayer and encourage them. I have never really been a very "open" person before but I am changing. It is so important to encourage one another as the bible says. Let God’s light beam through all of us and just imagine how bright this world will be!!!!

On another note, I’d like to just pass along a couple specific requests:

*I am having some trouble getting my appliance to stick to my stomach. I realize my bag is a bit confusing to many people – if you could just pray that "things would stick" then God will know what you mean!
*I have a small blood clot in my hand which isn’t serious and is slowly resolving. Pray that this will continue to resolve quickly so that it is ready for another iv when I need to have surgery next week to have the port put in for chemo.
*Continued prayers for good health and no germs in our house so that I am strong for chemo
*peace of mind tomorrow when we find out what my treatment will be (this is at 2:30).
*continue to pray for everyone involved
Thank you so much for your prayers – I hope you know that value they have! I will e-mail you tomorrow night with my treatment plan.


I am starting to feel a bit like an evangelist but can’t say it bothers me . . so . . . go and let your light shine!!!!!

Love & hugs,
Kristi