Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday, February 21, 2007: Now We Have A Plan!

bkrogalske@sbcglobal.net
02/21/2007 09:35 PM


Hi everyone,

Our visit today went very good. We are very happy with the new doctor and the entire office. It is about 45 minutes away but worth the drive. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the doctor was very informational, realistic but positive and was very personable. The nurse that I will be working with during chemo was also great. My treatment plan isn’t completely figured out yet because it hinges on what my next CT scan and blood-work shows. For now, I am scheduled to have a chemo port put in my chest on Friday. My stomach port won’t be put in for another three weeks or so. My first chemo treatment will be next week Tuesday. The good news is that I will not have to be admitted overnight! I am not sure how long the first treatment will take. We meet with the nurse on Tuesday before the chemo and will learn then about how long treatments take each time and side effects and all sorts of fun information. They were really good today about not overloading us with information. We felt very relieved after leaving the office and I told Brian that this was the first appointment that I left without feeling like I had to cry.

I guess that is it in a nutshell but I leave you with some specific requests:

*Friday at 1:00 is when my port will be put in. I also have a CT scan at the same hospital at 6:00 PM. It will be a long day at the hospital. It’s only outpatient surgery and I’m not even going to be put completely under so it should be a piece of cake! The only concern I have is with the IV that they will put in. Please pray that it will go well. Also that the CT scan will show positive results.
*Prayers of praise for the peace and comfort that we have with this new office.
*Nathan has a terrible cold right now and he is miserable. Pray that not only will he recover quickly but that the rest of us will remain healthy.
*Ashley has been having a lot of tummy aches lately. I think she is having a hard time with everything going on and she isn’t talking to me as much as she did before. Please pray that she will be willing to talk to us about anything.


Thank you again for everything. My doctor was amazed when we told him about the awesome support team we have. Continue those bold prayers not only for us but in everything!

Love & hugs,
Kristi