Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday, May 17, 2007: Why I Cry

Why Do I Cry?

It’s about half past three
There’s no one here but God, you, and me
It's dark, it's quiet, and it's still
So I cry out to God "Oh Lord, what is your will?!"

I don't cry because I'm angry
I don't cry because I cannot cope
I don't cry because I believe we'll lose
I don't cry because I've lost hope

So why then do I cry?

Do I cry because I'm selfish?
Or do I cry for all the anguish?

Let me tell you why I cry

I cry because it's so hard watch you suffer
I cry because I cannot be your buffer

I cry because you lay there and wince
I cry because I cannot protect you,
Like your knightly prince

I cry when you say "I'm ready"
I cry because I wish my faith
was that Steady

Oh Kristi, that is why I cry

You are a blessing to me, you see
So I cry out to God
"Please Lord, have a little mercy"

Kristi, you are my shining light
And without you,
I will lose all of my might

So please forgive me my dear,
For that is why I cry with you near.

I love you so much
Brian – 3:32AM April 25, 2007