Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday, May 30, 2007: Gotta Love The Steroids!

Kristi had a great day today. She slept all night last night and slept in til 9:30! Answered prayers! Her mood was very good when I got home from work and she even visited with some friends for about an hour. She just relaxed today and even worked on her book a little bit. Her nausea is gone for now. Like I said before, the emotions in this house are like a pendulum. Yesterday was bad, today is good. That's the way we live...one day at a time. Unfortunately, we know it's the steroids in her system from yesterday's chemo treatment and her "high" is only temporary. So we're expecting her to come down from this high tomorrow. Actually, she could already feel herself crashing tonight. She just went to bed and she was already feeling tired. This is her normal routine. She will be tired now until probably Sunday...so extra prayers for Kristi would be appreciated.

I also surprised Kristi with a new look. She's really diggin' the fu manchu. She even dared me to go out in public looking like this...so I did. In my plaid shorts, white T-shirt (at least it wasn't a wife beater), and flip flops I went out sporting my new Fu. I went to Wendy's and picked us up some Frosties. This is really starting to grow on me...I think I'm going to keep it. Even the ladies in the neighborhood dig it. Kristi was so proud to show me off to her friends.

What do you think, Mom, like it?!

Kristi sent out this e-mail tonight...

Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007

9:33 PM

I just had to send an update to let everyone know what a wonderful day I had today. Last night wasn’t pretty but as everything else . . . this too shall pass. I was reminded of the verse where the sorrow may last for the night but joy comes in the morning. I took a sleeping pill last night and woke up at 9:30 this morning! I felt so much better and well rested. I knew the kids were taken care of until supper time and that I had nothing to do but take care of myself. Although I am still weak I am on a steroid high from yesterday’s dose. I enjoyed the beautiful weather today and got to go to the school and surprise the kids. They had field day today and were having a great time. I’m so glad the timing worked that I could see them for a little while. My mood has been so peaceful today and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. I know that the next couple days will be rough with fatigue but instead of dwelling on that, I am enjoying the great mood, wonderful weather and the smell of the roast and potatoes in the oven (thank you Rebergs!).

I spent some time working on our book this morning. Brian and I would like to co-author a book of our experience. One side will be “her story” and the other side will be “his story”. We haven’t seen much out there like this. Mostly there are books for the cancer victims and not a lot for the spouse side. If you could keep this in your prayers it would be great. I feel like there is so much to say and if we can help anyone in the future that has to take this same walk that would be wonderful.

Wow, I started this e-mail this afternoon and now it’s 9:30 already! What a fast day. The roast not only smelled delicious but it was delicious. We had a nice lazy evening and Brian just made a frosty run to Wendy’s for us. What a guy! I’m getting sleepier by the minute and can feel the crash beginning. So, guess I will head to bed now and ride the sleepy wave. Thanks all for your prayers. Please especially keep Brian in your prayers the next few days as I know it’s hard for him to see me so sleepy and out of it not to mention the extra weight he pulls. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Love,
Kristi