Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday, March 30, 2008: Spring Break

Well the count is on. We are heading to Georgia on Friday with the families in our small group. We will be staying at a Young Life camp and doing some "spring cleaning" for them. We are going to take three days to get down there and do some sight seeing along the way. The plan is to head out early Friday morning. This is our first road trip with the kids! I have gotten a lot of advice from some friends who have experience in traveling long distances with kids so I think it will go well.

Unfortunately Emily came down with a cold on Friday and I have caught a small version of it too. We are hoping it will run through the family quickly (or even just run out of the house and skip the rest of the family!).

On another note, we are looking for someone to watch our cat while we are gone. She would probably do best in a home without other animals as well as a home where she wouldn't be picked up or pulled on by young kids. She is quite tolerant of Emily but I think it is because she is used to her. She isn't the most social cat but will cuddle up on your lap occasionally. Please give me a call if you are interested.

Tomorrow night I will be talking to the middle school kids at our church. The topic that evening is God is alive. I was asked to talk about how God is alive through people. I was initially quite nervous about this but am not any longer. I'm excited that I have the chance to share my story some more.

Some prayer requests:

*The cold germs will quickly flee and not turn to anything beyond a cold.

*That we stay calm despite the craziness of the week (preparing for the trip and packing)

*Brian continues to be tired. His sleep test went well. The results showed that the CPAP machine is taking care of his sleep apnea. He has an appointment with his sleep doctor on April 21 to talk about other possible reasons that he is not feeling rested despite getting enough sleep.

*That God will use me tomorrow night as I talk to the middle school kids.

Thank you!