Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday, March 7, 2008: Long Time No Update!

Wow, has it really been a week since we've updated the blog? This month is just flying by. It's been a good busy though. Although I have to admit that I feel less connected with God during these times because I find I rely more on myself. When we are weak all we can do is rely on God. I love having this strength now and being "normal" but I don't like how quickly I can begin trying to take control of my own life.

I have some wonderful news to pass long - Rich is coming home! It has been a long battle for them and I can only imagine how hard it was being so far from home. He still has a long road to recovery but I am so happy that he can be back home with his family. If you have read his care pages, I'm sure you have felt the amazing love of that entire family.

Speaking of family, please keep my sister and her family close in your prayers. Lori is an accountant and prepares a lot of tax returns. Thankfully she can be home to do this, however, it is still a super busy crazy time right now.

They have been doing an amazing job with their blog. It is so "real" and informative on ALS. It also shows how this disease effects Eric and their entire family. It makes my heart break when I read the updates and yet I can't imagine not reading them. It seems very strange being on the other side of a blog for a change.

We are going to the Mark Schultz concert tonight with Eric & Lori. I know it'll be a great time and the concert tonight is a benefit for Kyrie's Gift. It's a long story but in a nutshell, I am a "cyber friend" with Margorie, who is the woman who began this ministry. If you haven't heard of it, the website is www.kyriesgift.org. It's a wonderful ministry that only God could have orchestrated.

We're off for chemo on Monday again. I can tell I'm starting to get down about this. Just a reminder that the cancer isn't gone. I am reading the book Heaven by Randy Alcorn and it is very good. Reading that will help keep my mind off chemo. As always, pray for 35 or the peace to cope with whatever the number may be! Thank you!