Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday, February 29, 2007: Family Fun

What a fun and busy day! I was able to spend this morning with the ladies in our small group, this afternoon with my grandparents (Hi Grandpa & Grandma!) and this evening with my brother and sister and their families.

We went to Westshore Mall tonight to see my brother perform with his puppet Jacob. He is always so much fun to watch! For those of you who don't know, my brother is a local children’s author. I'm not biased or anything but he is probably the best author ever! :) His website is
www.tomatocollection.com. If you don't have his books or cd's, I highly recommend them. Yes, this is a shameless plug :)

After that, we went to Holiday Inn with my sister and her family. We pigged out on a three foot party sub from Subway then hung out by the pool while the kids swam.

Eric, Lori, Brian and I are going to Las Vegas this June so we were researching tonight for the best place to stay and what to do and trying to find the best deal. The one thing we for sure want to do is take a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. We're going to fly into Las Vegas and take a day or two trip to see the Grand Canyon. Anyone out there have suggestions on things to do/see in Vegas? We're not gamblers (okay, so maybe a roll of quarters at the slot machine). We're thinking maybe a show somewhere. If you have any suggestions, leave a comment or send me an e-mail.

Brian and Nathan are sleeping at the hotel tonight and Ashley and I will be staying there tomorrow night. I won two free nights there last fall and we've finally gotten a chance to do it. We're spending the day there tomorrow with all of us. I'm pretty excited to have a "girls night" tomorrow.

Well, I'm whipped and it's way past my bedtime. Thanks for reading and for all your prayers. It's kind of nice to just update with no crisis, just a fun day.