Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday, June 8, 2008: Thank You

Thank you to those of you who have donated to the Relay for Life! From what I understand, it is fairly easy to pay using a credit card by clicking on my personal home page (which is now listed on the right side of the blog). If you would rather donate by cash or check, I would gladly pick it up from you, however, I do need to turn all donations in this Friday. Thanks so much for your support of such a good cause.

I do have a prayer request for our friends, Mike & Sheryl. Mike's father was diagnosed last week with a rare form of skin cancer. He is going to the U of M on Tuesday. Please pray that this cancer has been found early enough. It is a very fast growing cancer and the earlier it is found, the better the prognosis. Mike and Sheryl are on vacation with their family this week. Please pray that they will be able to enjoy this time with their girls as there is nothing that can be done at this point for Mike's dad other than pray and wait. Mike has two sisters in this area that can be with his parents.

This brings back a lot of memories for me. I had the stress of dealing with the thought of having cancer and my family and friends had to deal with the helplessness of watching me deal with it. Please keep the entire Boes family in your prayers - I will keep you updated.

Thank you!