Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday, June 17, 2008: A Quick Update

Wow, I can't believe I haven't updated the blog since last week Friday! Life is so busy here. The Relay for Life was very neat. Even though it rained a lot there was still a ton of enthusiasm. I didn't get as many miles in as I had hoped but I am so glad that I went. I am working on getting the pictures posted. My dad was nice enough to lend me his camera since Brian had ours and I forgot to download the pictures before I returned it to him. I'll get them up soon.

I do have some prayer requests for our family. I think both Brian and I are going through a bit of a depression. I don't understand why I am feeling so down when the cancer is gone. I remember thinking just a year ago that when the cancer was gone and chemo was done I would be so happy and relieved. I have struggled with depression before and recognize the symptoms. I also can tell that the devil is getting his jabs in. I want to continue sharing how my faith got me through this battle and yet some days I just want to hide from everything cancer related. I don't think God wants me to dig a hole and hide though - that would put my flame out.

Brian recently saw a show on tv that talked about statistics on cancer returning. He was quite down after that. He seemed a bit happier today but I can tell he is still struggling. He is still extremely tired too. He even left the fathers day party early so he could go home and take a nap. If you know Brian, he hates taking naps. I know he must have been tired to leave so early.

Well, I titled this update "a quick update" and now I've rambled on and on. Sorry. Just needed to spill my guts. I've been keeping a lot inside lately. A friend called me yesterday and after an innocent "how are you" on her part I gave her an earful. I don't know why it all spilled out - I guess God knew I needed to let it go. I did feel better after I talked.

Thank you for your prayers. I know shortly after posting this the prayers will start and joy will come in the morning.