Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday, December 8, 2009: He's Not Finished With Me Yet

This morning I read what I had typed the night before. Wow, I was bitter. That was what I felt at the time though. Bitter, disappointed, numb and lost. Next I read the comments that people left. Wow again. Your words were so encouraging.

Later this morning the song Wait and See by Brandon Health was playing on the radio. When I turned it on these were the words that I heard . . .

Still wondering why I'm here. Still wrestling with my fear but oh... He's up to something. And the farther on I go - I've seen enough to know that I'm not here for nothing. He's up to something.

There is hope for me yet because God won't forget all the plans he's made for me. I have to wait and see - he's not finished with me yet.

I've heard this song many times before and have always liked it. Today it really hit home. It was as if God was saying "hang in there - I'm not done with you yet".


Our appointment tomorrow is at 4:00. I'm hoping this storm everyone is talking about will hold out long enough that we can get there and back safely (the appointment is in Grand Rapids). The doctor will evaluate the lump tomorrow and decide if surgery is even possible. We'll update again tomorrow night.

Thanks so much for your prayers and encouragement - they pulled me out of a dark and lonely place.

Yea, yea, yea!!!! I just heard that my grandpa's tests came back from surgery . . . the cancer was contained and they believe they got it all out!!!!! Woohoooooooo!!!!!