Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday, July 7, 2010: Good News

We had a good visit today with Dr. Downey's office. We actually saw his partner because Dr. Downey is on vacation this week. But, this doctor confirmed that the tumors that Dr. Downey felt 2 visits ago are no longer there AND Kristi's CA125 dropped to 544. So good news all around for Kristi.

Well, sort of. Ashley, our oldest daughter, left with a friend on a middle school overnight trip to Cedar Point this morning. Kristi is having a hard time "letting go". I'm just excited that we get a break from the 13 y/o hormones for a night! No eye rolls. No "Dad!". No heavy sighs followed by stomping feet. But she sure is a cutie, isn't she?! see, this is where she would go "Daaaaad". I'm such a man. This along with good news from the doctor almost makes it like cancer doesn't even exist for the moment. It's kinda nice.

Anyway, we just wanted to give a quick update.

"God, examine me and know my heart; test me and know my nervous thoughts." Psalm 139:23