Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday, March 25, 2011: Finally An Update

It's been a long week.  A weird week.  A fast week.  Monday's appointment went as well as could be expected.  We still have details to finalize but I'm glad that we have a lot of the "pre-planning" done and a lot of decisions made. 

I've had some trouble with swelling this week but this morning I think my ankle actually looks normal!  I've noticed that my eating habits haven't been great lately . . . lots of comfort food.  I know people will tell me to eat what sounds good but in reality what I am eating is directly impacting how I feel so I need to make some better food choices. 

On the cold front with the kids I think we're okay . . . just a few sniffles but this crazy weather probably has something to do with that.  I loved the sunshine yesterday!  I can handle the cold as long as there is blue skies and sunshine with it.  Of course warm weather, blue skies and sunshine sound pretty good to me too!

The kids are very excited about the fundraiser tomorrow night.  To be honest, Brian and I are a bit anxious.  We are so grateful to everyone and all the work that is being put into it.  Our anxiety comes from the "reality" that goes along with why we are being blessed with this fundraiser.  I know I mentinoed this in my last post but I want to ask once more that when you see us just treat us like we are "normal" and there to celebrate (which we are!!).  And we are so thankful - there isn't a word big enough to express our thankfulness!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.   Philippians 4:4-7