Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday, November 29, 2007: Preparing

Where does the time go? I can't believe how quickly this week went. I have been busy getting as much done as I can before my surgery. I have most of the Christmas shopping and Christmas cards done and it's not even December! I've never gotten this much done so early before. It feels great. And I feel great. I am normal! I have my energy back and appetite and it's so great being "normal" again. I have been busy with to-do lists and getting little projects done around the house. When I go in for surgery I want everything to be ready so I can just let go and focus on the surgery and recovery.

Brian went in and was fitted for a CPAP machine yesterday and wore it for the first time last night. They are much more user friendly now. He said he felt like he wasn't in the fog that he usually is in today. The doctor said it may take a while to feel the effects. Hopefully soon he will have more energy and feel rested.

Some prayer requests . . . .
*that Brian will "get along" with his CPAP machine and the results will be positive

*that I will get everything done that I need to and not stress about the little things

*we are all healthy! Yea!

*prayers of praise for my "normalcy"

*I am having a lot of trouble with my bag lately. The chemo I was on was very binding and now that I am not on it I am having a lot of problems with diarrhea and not able to get it under control. Please pray that this will soon pass . . or I guess stop passing! :)

*let's start praying early for my surgery on the 18th . . . I'd love a cancer-free tummy!

*praise for all our friends and family. We are so grateful for all the amazing support that we have. Thank you!!!