Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, April 14, 2008: Happy Birthday Emily!

I can't believe it - our baby turned 4 today! She is turning into such a big girl. With the exception of the potty training thing. One of these days she will just go cold turkey. At least that is what I'm praying for!

Our appointment went well today. My oncologist agrees with our plan. I had an exam today and no "lumps or bumps" were found. I have had a physical exam every four weeks for the last year and a half and am looking forward to them being spaced apart a bit more! We should have my CA125 results tomorrow afternoon.

I have a ct scan scheduled for May 2 (just routine) and we will meet with my doctor again on May 12. At this appointment we will have the ct scan results as well as next months CA125 level (I will get that done the previous Friday). My doctor said if everything looks well at that point we will say "nenernenernener" to cancer! He put his thumb on his nose and wiggled his fingers! He didn't actually say "nener" but I took that as what his gesture meant :)

Brian had an awful night last night with his cold and went in to the doctor this morning. He has a sinus infection and has started on an antibiotic. Hopefully within a couple days he will be feeling a lot better. Right now he is doing a lot of sneezing and coughing (not to mention whining!) :) We still love him anyway. I know once he starts whining that he is feeling better. When he doesn't whine I know that he is feeling really bad.

I am feeling a lot better. I was physically exhausted for a while but it is getting better. My doctor talked about exercise at our appointment today. Brian mentioned that my energy level isn't returning at all and the doctor said that it would help a great deal if I would exercise every day. I hate exercise with a passion! I have never enjoyed exercising and never felt "better" after I exercised. I know they say that after a while you are supposed to feel so much better and you will want to exercise. I find that difficult to believe. If a treadmill and a couch are put in front of me there is no question which I would choose. That being said, I do need to start exercising. This is a big prayer request. I mentally understand that I need to exercise but I am the only person that can make myself do it. I can have Brian prompting me (and me probably eventually resenting him for it) and have people holding me accountable but it just comes down to me doing it. And I dread it. But, with God all things are possible . . . even me exercising! So, please pray that I will, as Nike says, "just do it!".

Thank you!! I will update tomorrow night with the CA125 results.