Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday, July 27, 2009: Trials

I have been at the computer typing and re-typing and am just at a loss for words. Usually God puts it on my heart what He wants me to say and the words just come right out. Right now nothing sounds right. I think I am trying to force something because I just want to let everyone know how we're doing.

So, there is no witty comments or insight in this post. Just wanted to let everyone know we are still here. Still dealing with this news. Still adjusting. Still thinking it really, really stinks but we will get through it.

I came across this verse tonight . . .

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

I can't say that I'm considering this trial to be "pure joy". I honestly don't think that I will ever be able to say that. I am ready to persevere though.

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13.