Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday, July 21, 2009: I'm O.K. . . . Really I Am.

I have a stamp that has a picture of a turtle laying on his back with his legs in the air. It looks like he is moving his legs around just trying to get back onto his feet. The words around him say "I'm o.k . . . . really I am. " This stamp sums me up quite well.

I met with my oncologist on Monday morning and I had my Avastin treatment today. Unfortunately my appointment today was too late to get the results from the CA125 test. I should hear something tomorrow. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

After 6:00 tonight I knew that I wouldn't be getting a call with the results (there was a small chance they may have gotten it early). After that time frame passed I was fine. I knew I was safe from hearing any bad news tonight. Tomorrow morning though when I wake up the phone will be right next to me as I anxiously will it to ring.

I was thinking about that poor upside down turtle today - stuck on his back, wiggling around, trying to get back on his feet again. That is just what it feels like when problems come our way. The carpet gets pulled out from underneath us and boom, we are flat on our backs looking up and wondering - what just happened? I think this is just where God wants us to be. On our back, realizing our weakness, and looking up to Him.

If we would stop struggling alone trying to get our self back up we would realize that our friend is right next to us, seeing our struggles, wanting to simply lend a hand and give us that little push that will get us back onto our feet again. We humans sure are such silly creatures. We hate to ask for help when we need it and yet when someone else needs help we're right there ready to lend a hand.

Next time you find yourself knocked over by life remember to look up to Him. And when those friends come by and extend their hand to help pull you up - accept their hand.