Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday, April 29, 2010: That's My Girl!

The past couple weeks have just been a blur. There are many things that I have going through my mind that I would like to write about but tonight I'm simply updating to let you know about a big step in Ashley's life.

Our kids have been through so much for the past few years and as a result of it they have had to grow up quickly. Not only have they grown physically and emotionally but they have grown spiritually as well. Ashley has been meeting with a mentor for the past couple months so that she can make profession of faith. I know we are biased but we think she is a very special girl and I know that God thinks so too.

Ashley will be making profession of faith this Sunday. She has been professing her faith through her writing for quite a while now but on Sunday she will stand up in front of church (definitely not one of her favorite places to be!) to profess her faith.

(A few people have asked me for the details - we will be at the 10:30 service and we attend Calvary CRC.)

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."Matthew 19:14