Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday, October 15, 2010: Because I Love You

I was at the vet this afternoon with our dog, Pico. We had found a tick behind his ear earlier this week and even though we were able to pull it out (gross!) he had a small lump growing. He was also due for some shots, toenail trim and some other routine things that smaller dogs require that are no fun at all.

I could hear Pico whimpering and crying in the other room and I felt so bad for him. People that he didn't know were poking and prodding in areas he didn't want to be messed with. As I listened to his cries I just wanted to hold him and tell him that it will be okay. I wanted to let him know that I loved him and that even though he didn't understand why all of this was happening it was all for his own good. I could see the bigger picture and knew what was best for him and that in the long run this would all be worth it. All the sudden it was like a light bulb went on ~ this is what God has been trying to explain to me. It was a small glimpse into how He is taking care of me.

My initial selfish thought was "could you please stop loving me so much?" That was pretty silly though though because He can't. Despite the hundreds of thousands of millions of times that I mess up He loves me too much to stop loving me.

I still hate cancer. I still can't imagine reasons behind all the yucky stuff that goes on in this world. But I guess I'm not supposed to.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
Isaiah 55:8