Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday, November 14, 2010: Tired

Well, today was better than yesterday but it wasn't great.  Leaving church this morning Kristi was in so much pain she had to hold on to me all the way to the van.  Fortunately, by mid to late afternoon most of the pain was gone.  We had a good night tonight visiting with our life group.

Specific prayer request would be for our emotional well being.  We are both really tired.  Physically and mentally.  When I listened to the sermon this morning about Paul and the years of suffering and sacrifice he made, and think about Moses leading the Israelites through the desert for 40 years I just think, wow, that's a really long time.  But 4 years of battling cancer is also a long time.  Some days I do get angry.  Jealous at everyone else who is living a "normal" life.  Why can't we have normal?  Enough is enough. 

"(13)Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, (14) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  - Philippians 3:13-14

Well, it's late, and like I said, I'm tired.  I need sleep so I can keep pressing on.  Maybe when I wake up tomorrow morning this will all just be a really bad dream.  I can hope...