Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday, August 19, 2007: We're Home

The good news is we were able to go camping this weekend . . . the bad news . . . . it was a very soggy end to the weekend! Everything got wet. To sum it up . . . great company . . . bad weather. On the positive side, we didn't have any injuries and we're all healthy and the kids had a great time.

I talked to my nurse on Friday before we left. My platelet count dropped to 24,000 (only 1000 points) so she gave me the green light to go camping as long as I promised to be careful. We are meeting with the doctor tomorrow morning. They will do a blood test there and if my counts are high enough I will go to the clinic for chemo.

We will be asking the doctor a few questions tomorrow regarding my new treatment. We are hoping to be able to do some of the chemo treatments in the clinic in Holland. Also, we are wondering how soon we can have the surgery to reverse my colostomy. I would like them to take a look around and make sure there really is cancer left in me before we start going through more rounds of chemo.


Please keep this appointment in your prayers. We want to make sure that we make the right decisions. Please also pray that my counts are high enough tomorrow so that we can get another round of chemo behind us.


Cute at 9:00 in the morning, but not at 4:30AM!!

Nathan chillin by the camp fire