Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday, August 16, 2007: Lab Results

I just talked to my nurse and she won't have my CA125 results until tomorrow. My platelet count dropped to 25,000. I have to go in tomorrow morning for more lab work to see if my platelet count continues to drop. She said that I can still go camping but will need to be very careful. It doesn't look like I'll have chemo on Monday but you never know. I'm guessing I will need a transfusion before the next chemo. I would really like to get this round behind us so I am feeling good the first week of school.

On another note, my friend Heidi had a great thought. After the Israelites marched around Jericho seven times the walls came tumbling down. I have had seven rounds of chemo now so my CA125 level can come tumbling down!

I am having trouble focusing on anything right now - all I can think about is my numbers, when chemo will be, and things that are out of my control. So on that note, here's some prayer requests:

*that I will be able to let go and focus on the verse "for I know the plans I have made for you"

*the neuropathy in my feet and shins continues to be very annoying

*Brian has been busy at work lately which is good - it keeps his mind from wandering. He has been pretty tired lately though. Pray that his strength and energy will renew as he takes on so much more during my chemo time.

*I'm still tired a lot. Pray that I will have more energy and stay focused so I can get things done before my down time with chemo.

*that my good streak of fairly pain free blood draws will continue tomorrow!

*that we will continue to look for the silver lining when the dark clouds come our way