Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday, August 22, 2007: Patience

Well huh. I just typed up a big update and while trying to spell check it I lost it all! Kind of ironic considering the title of this update. Oh well - I'll try to remember what I typed!

I will not be having chemo today because my doctors office is still waiting for the results from the blood work I had this morning. If my counts are good then I will be going in tomorrow morning.

Brian has been in contact with U of M and we will be sending all my medical records from the doctors office to them. They will review them and meet with us to discuss their opinion. We are anxious to get a second opinion regarding my treatment.

Although we were originally disappointed that the insurance did not cover the clinic in Chicago, we now understand why that door was closed. After the week of tests at this clinic they would have kept me for treatment. I'm not ready to stay in Chicago for months! If my cancer would progress to the point that this is necessary then we will do everything in our power to get it covered by insurance so that I could go.

Right now we will start this chemo and wait to see what U of M has to say about this treatment. I am anxious to hear what they will have to say but I'm sure it won't be a very fast process. As with everything else in our lives these days, we'll have to wait and see.

I am not worried about my cancer. I still have no doubts I will kick it. Considering I am typically a worrywart, this peace can only be coming from God. He still has a lot to teach us about life. So for now we will continue to learn about patience, trust and listening to what God has to say as we wait and pray.