Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday, December 7, 2008: Minute by Minute

We are doing fairly well here - it changes from minute to minute though. One minute we are great and strong and the next minute we hear a song or a comment and boom! We're down flat on our face.

I believe with everything in me that this cancer is gone. I wish I could say that I believed it every single minute of the day, unfortunately, I'm human. I slip up and let thoughts of chemo enter my brain and it spirals down from there.

Brian has the added stress of working in the automotive industry. So many jobs are being cut everywhere and no one is immune from it. We believe in our heart that if he should lose his job that God will provide for all of our needs. Our mind though is another story. It is so easy to play the "what if" game. We try to take control of our lives and make our own plans.

Thank you for your constant prayers - they are what keeps us going. I have a strange favor to ask. If you see us at church or work or the store or anywhere, could you just ask us how we are enjoying the snow or if we have our Christmas shopping done yet . . . okay, so don't ask me that. . . more stress! All it takes is a line in a song or a innocent comment from a child and we fall apart. We are doing our best to not think about the unknowns and simply live in today. Just a simple smile from you tells us that you care. Thank you :)