Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday, January 19, 2009: Chemo Yucks!

Another round behind us - yea! This morning I was quite anxious on the way to the clinic. I was really hungry though so we went through a McDonald drive thru and I got an egg mcmuffin and cinnamon roll (yes, I know, not a great choice). It tasted good but shortly after I started feeling really nauseous. By the time we got to the clinic and about to sign in I lost my breakfast. I felt better after that and they gave me some fluids through my iv to help rehydrate me. My blood counts were good (no CA125 today) so on we went with chemo. Once the Benadryl kicked in I was done for . . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

We were home by 1:30 and I went to bed and slept until 5:30. It brought back some bad memories of chemo days past where I was down for the count. I'm still in a bit of a fog but hope to be back to normal by tomorrow. I think they will be giving me Benadryl in a pill form soon (rather than iv) which won't knock me out as bad. They just wanted to make sure I didn't have any reactions to the chemo before they switched.

Brian took some pictures of the new clinic . . . . .

hanging out in my "pod"

one of the waiting areas