Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday, January 3, 2009: One Day At A Time

Thank you to my anonymous commenter for reminding me to take it one day at a time. I had forgotten that. I remember that so well from the past. As soon as I started thinking about all the surgeries and chemo treatments I had coming up I started becoming very overwhelmed. When I stopped looking beyond today it helped so much. Not only does it help, but it's what God tells us to do . . .

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Physically I'm still feeling tired and blah. There are so many flu bugs going around that I'm sure I picked something up. The symptoms though were very similar to what I had just prior to being diagnosed two years ago. Naturally my mind started to take over and already had me convinced that the cancer was back and bad.

You know that gross commercial for infected toenails where this really disgusting monster like thing is having a party under your toenail? That is how I picture my cancer - this disgusting creature wreaking havoc in my stomach. Well, like in that commercial how the medication squishes and demolishes that monster, my chemo will do the same with the cancer. And your prayers once again will get us through this.