Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday, May 31, 2009: The Final Countdown

Tomorrow is it. The last dose of Taxol. I didn't think this day would ever come. Although I'm disappointed that I have to continue going to my doctor and to the chemo clinic every three weeks for the next year, I am very glad to get this last dose of "poison" behind me.

I haven't heard anything on my ct scan or chest x-ray and with my doctor - no news is good news (or at least that is the theory I'm going with).

The comment that was recently left on our last entry has reminded me again how fortunate we are. Although it has been a couple of very difficult years, we have been so blessed with the family and friends (and even strangers!) that have been there for us. Brian has a job with co-workers that have supported him and as well as insurance to help cover the unreal financial burden that comes with this. Most importantly we have our faith and we have our God who is faithful. I can't imagine what this journey would have been like with out Him.

A couple people have asked me over the past few years "how can you believe in a God when you have such a horrible disease". How can I not? Without Him we have no hope and without hope we have nothing. I'll end this post with one of Brian's favorite verses.

. . . we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:3-5