Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday, August 2, 2009: Ambien Man

It's been a while since I have done a posting. I promised Kristi I would do one last week but never got around to it. I've been busy at work and busy around the house and Kristi had been doing so well both physically and emotionally that she sort of took over the blog. That was until last week of course. That news last week was a bitter reminder of how cruel this disease is. It was like a kick in the gut. We both took the news hard and are both still struggling with the thought of chemo again. We went camping with friends last weekend so that helped a little bit (keeping busy is always good to keep our minds off of cancer). Although we did have a good time with our friends, I don't think either of us were mentally there. Then Kristi had VBS last week so she was really busy every day with that.

Now things wind down a bit and we will kind of coast for the next week and a half. With lots of down time I'm afraid that our minds will start getting taken to some dark places. Please focus your prayers on Kristi's emotional well being and that her depression doesn't take her down.

For those of you that follow our blog regularly, you know that I have sleep apnea and that I sleep with a CPAP machine. To fall asleep I take a sleeping pill called Ambien. I usually take it right before I crawl into bed. But...once in a while I get distracted and the pill starts to kick in before I make it to bed. I've fallen asleep around the house in some interesting spots...on end tables reaching to turn a light off, underneath a Christmas tree while I was watering it, on the stairs, etc. Sometimes however, I get a little goofy. A couple months back Kristi claims I was air-guitarring to some loud music. For whatever reason I don't remember these things - she tells me about them the next morning. Well, last night I had another "episode". This time Kristi thought it would be a good idea to record me.

Na, I had it posted but used better judgment and pulled it!! You'll have to stop by to see it! :)

As always, thanks for keeping our family in your prayers.