Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday, August 11, 2009: Remaining in Him

A friend of mine once said "God has been calling me but He keeps getting a busy signal". That has been true of me recently. I've been busy planning my own life. This past weekend I started answering His call and listening. I've learned a lot and it has helped me prepare for this next step. If I shared everything I have learned this post would go on and on and on so I will just share one thing that has stuck with me the most.

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:1-4.

My Gardener is pruning me right now and it hurts. I'll admit I'm disappointed that we have to go down this road again but I know we're not going it alone. God is there ahead of us showing us the way and also behind us - catching us when we fall. He is also on either side to make sure we don't stray. He promises us in this verse that if we remain in Him that He will remain in us. I can't ask for anything more than that.

Brian and I will meet with my oncologist tomorrow morning and then we're off to the chemo clinic. Although I'm not looking forward to the doctors appointment and chemo clinic - I couldn't ask for a better person to spend my day with.