Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday, August 9, 2009: Never Enough

Have you ever had a time where you made the perfect plans made for your child? You took extra care to make sure every base was covered. You knew this child would love every minute and that it would be the best day ever!

Then the time is here. The plans go great! Everyone has so much fun and you get to see that look on their face - that look of happiness and content. You quietly congratulate yourself on a job well done. No sooner are you done patting your back and wham! There is it. That look. Those words . . . "that was fun . . . but I want more".

You thought you were the perfect parent. You made all the right plans and they were going to bring your child complete joy and happiness. Ha! Not this time my friend. Okay so that sounds a tad bitter. It is just so frustrating when you think you have given your child the world on a platter and yet somehow, some way, it is just not enough. No more "great job mom" or "that was the best" but "I still want more".

As a parent I like to think that I know what is best for my child and that I can plan their lives accordingly. If only they would listen to me and trust me that my way is the right way and that "some day when you have children of your own you will understand!!!". (Wow, I think I just heard my moms voice run through my head!).

As I was thinking about this today I could hear God saying . . . what about you? I have given you so much. I have planned your life out and I know what is best for you and yet every day . . . you want more. Ouch. I get so sad when my kids don't trust that I want what is best for them. What must God think of me? Thank goodness that His thoughts are not the same as ours . . . . "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. (Isaiah 55:8)

God has planned out the perfect life for me . . . . For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11). Right now that is all I need to know. He made these plans and He only wants what is best for me.

Tomorrow I go in for blood work. They will be testing my CA125 again. I don't know what those results will be but God does. The plans for my life are already written in His book. As I wait for this next page to turn I will trust that He knows what is best and that is more than enough for me.