Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday, August 12, 2009: An Unexpectedly Wonderful Day

Today has gone smoothly from start to finish. My doctor was in a good mood and he took the time to answer all of our questions. Basically my number continues to go up because "there is one stupid cancer cell that refuses to die and it keeps multiplying" (those were my words - after Dr. Downey stopped laughing he said "yes, that is what is going on".

Hopefully this chemo will be the one to take that cancer cell down! Thankfully I do not have to have Benadryl as a pre-med . . . that was soooooooo exciting to hear that. They watched me initially to make sure I didn't have any reactions - they didn't think I would but wanted to be safe. I didn't have a single side effect today!

So, the day started with a good visit with the doctor and then a yummy lunch at Arnie's. The time at the chemo clinic (about three hours) passed fairly quickly and no Benadryl or side effects? Doesn't get much better than that! Oh wait, it does, I got to spend the entire day with my favorite man!!

We got home around five and had a quiet supper together (my parents had the kids). I need to take an anti-nausea pill for a couple days just to be safe. It's best to stay ahead of the nausea if possible. I waited to make sure I wasn't tired from the pill and since I was feeling pretty good I headed to church where the kids were helping at a Back to School event. It was so fun to surprise them. I had originally planned to help at this event but wasn't able to because I had no idea how I was going to react to the chemo.

I am still a bit in shock at how well today went. I am completely peaceful and just thrilled at how well today went. Yea God!!!