Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday, January 11, 2010: Radioactive

I am meeting with a radiology oncologist tomorrow afternoon. I couldn't believe how soon they were able to get me in. Not only that but my appointment is in Holland! Yea!!! I am going to LAROC (Lakeshore Area Radiation Oncology Center) which is only a few miles from our house. If we decide to do radiation rather than chemo I would be able to receive treatments there. That was a wonderful surprise. I never thought I would be this excited to meet with an oncologist!

The appointment will take a couple hours. I'm sure there is tons of paperwork to fill out and it sounds like we need to meet with a few different people. I'm sure it will be information overload but Brian will be coming along to help me absorb it all.

I think a lot of people that read our blog also read my sister & brother-in-law's blog. If you haven't, we have a link on the right side of our blog. My brother-in-law is in the advanced stages of ALS right now. This disease is one of the most horrible, awful diseases in the world but they have used it to bring God glory. Please keep their family in your prayers.